- Real name: Kóbe Tatsu
- Occupation: adventurer
- Identity: secret
- Legal status: Princess of Lorenia with no criminal record
- Place/date of birth: Temple of Vision, Claybough / 18 September 1122 (age 18)
- Marital status: single
- Known relatives: Master Keul Tatsu (father); Dorinna "Red Dragon" Shin (mother, deceased); Sui-Do "White Dragon" Shin (grandfather)
- Group affiliation: Lorenian Nobility; Goji Monks
- Base of operations: mobile; formerly Lorenia Castle
- First appearance: (as Kóbe) Lorenia Castle / 27 June 1139 (31 January 2020); (as Drifter) Helfurnace Mountains, Claybough / 1097 (Summer 1998)
- Eyes: green
- Hair: rose
- Height: 6'04"
- Skin: tan
- Weight: 185 lbs.
Kóbe Tatsu was born in the Temple of Vision in Claybough. Her mother, Dorinna, as soon as she was able, left to continue her quest to seek the 20 Shards of Urjusty. Before Kóbe was a year old, her father relocated them both to the Temple on the Sea, Northern Urjusty. The Goji Monks as well as her grandfather, White Dragon, helped to raise her. Kóbe began reading to her grandfather, who was blind. Well-studied as a monk and priest and fluent in a half-dozen languages by the age of 12, Kóbe recorded White Dragon's accounting of his adventures and of the War with Myrlocke.
When King Gwydion Camlach was assassinated on 13 May 1139, White Dragon was asked to take the crown. Kóbe traveled with him and was present at the coronation. A few nights later, Kóbe and White Dragon shared a nightmare where they witnessed the death of Kóbe's mother in Claybough. Kóbe understood that the family burden now fell to her and she sought and located the long-elusive 14th shard. Another vision showed her that her home, the Temple on the Sea, was under attack, her father and the other Goji Monks were being overrun. Using the Drifting Castle to teleport to the temple, Kóbe and her allies tried to aid the monks. The Master of Spring, the most-senior remaining master monk, told Kóbe's father, Keul Tatsu that the time had come...
Kóbe opened a magic scroll, left for her by Drifter, known only to be a friend and ally of White Dragon. Breaking the seal on the scroll nearly killed Kóbe and her party. When they stabilized and woke up, they discovered they had been transported 43 years into the past... to the very year her grandfather first began searching for the 20 Shards.
Adventures in 1139
Adventures in 1096
- Tomb of Akhen
- Meeting the Twins
- First Strike is Deadly